"I sing the goodness of the Lord, that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where e're I turn my eye;
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky."

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Well, here we are preparing to say goodbye again. The house went on the market this week. Every room is as clean as I can get it and still live here. I am trying not to be worried about when and if the house is going to sell but at the same time I am excited about this new chapter in our lives. Why is it that when we are trusting the Lord to lead us we still have problems following?

This week has been especially trying for me since Craig wasn't here and Savannah was doing her best to make me feel totally incapable of doing anything right. Every day was a challenge with school, cleaning, conversations with realtors, etc. I am just glad that he was able to get home for the weekend. He is flying back to Kentucky tomorrow after church and it will be back to the routine of missing him again.

I decided this week to try and make a list of things that the move will NOT change.
  • My trust in a loving and faithful God
  • The love of my family
  • The special friendships that I have made
  • The knowledge that serving is not an option, but is a requirement...wherever you are.
  • Fellowship with believers
  • Using our talents in a way that would please the Lord
If this is the only way I can come up with to keep a positive outlook on the move, then I will use it. I have taken to saying Juliana's life verse over and over whenever I am feeling overwhelmed. I am not sure what the future holds, but He knows and that should be enough for me. I will have to place my trust in Him and know that He will help me with whatever I have to face.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment