Well, it has been well over a year since I have blogged. My wife does a much better job at writing her thoughts, feelings and emotions than I probably ever will be. As I have been trying to relax this evening after a long day of work, including what I brought home with me, I have also been thinking of how the highways we travel are like the "highways of life".
Here in Kentucky, I have found several roads that are just fun to drive. I am sure that my family will disagree completely with me; however, the rolling hills and turns can bring some enjoyment to the drive as you take the time to look around at the scenes. Well, as I am getting older I compare these "road trips" to what God has given us each day.
Sometimes there are straight ways and sometimes there are curves along with the hills and dips; however, God wants us to slow down, look around and enjoy the scenes. Last week we took a quick trip to Cumberland Falls State Park for a few nights of camping. Nothing really planned except to get a way for a few days. We rode horses, read, played games, went swimming and just enjoyed the time. These are the rolling hills and straight ways that God has given us.
Other times in my past, there have been long hours, loads of stress and deadlines throughout the days. With the calling of some bad news, sickness or pain we can quickly find our way into the valleys of life. I know in my heart that God never leads us anywhere that He will not walk through with us, but it is during these times where we seem to quickly forget about His promises. Why? We are taught to be self centered, self controlling and self enabling by this world. We don't need help or guidance, we just need to be left along and work it out for ourselves............when in truth, we are just blinded by our ignorance of the guidance that is really there.
It does not matter if we are in the valley, in the middle of a curve where we can not see what is around the corner or on top of the hill side, we have the same navigation system available to us all. The navigation system can not be purchased, as it has already been paid in full when Jesus died for all on the cross and rose again the third day. All we have to do is take hold of the truths and promises that He has given to each of us. No matter what mile marker we are at, He will be there with us if we just ask for His guidance.
Enjoying The Drive,
Craig
No comments:
Post a Comment