Sing praise to God who reigns above, the God of all creation;
The God of pow'r, the God of love, the God of our salvation.
With healing balm my soul is filled and every faithless murmur stilled:
To God all praise and glory.
"Sing Praise to God Who Reigns Above" by Johann J. Schutz
I find myself especially drawn to to third line, ...with healing balm my soul is filled... What an awesome thought! No matter what situation I find myself in, I can look for healing balm for my soul. What an awesome God we serve!
A few notes about school...
Last week we all (except Craig) went to a Shakespeare play. We had a great time! The young man playing Bottom was fantastic!!!! Savannah and I have worked on surface area and volume and begun reading a biography of Abigail Adams. Did you know her father was a minister? I think Savannah especially liked the part about Abigail's mom not letting her and her sisters go to school, but I pointed out that her father made sure the girls knew how to read and write. We've begun learning about glaciers and icebergs, reading Emily Dickinson poetry, learning about the Norman invasion of England and William the Conqueror, and discovering what was going on in the world during George Washington's lifetime. I finally got around to putting together our Book of Centuries but Savannah hasn't put in any entries. We did print out several pics of famous people we talked about, but they haven't made it in the book yet. Hopefully, that will be rectified today. It's hard to get started with a new part to our school day. She also wrote a report on Beethoven which I plan to put online soon. It is a hoot! Our new composer for the term is Vivaldi. We listened to part of his "Gloria" this week. We have talked about the meaning of some of the Latin terms in this song and she recognized some of them from other songs we know. Overall, it has been a good week for her.
Georgia is still working very independently and making her way through Pre-calculus, US History, English, Bible, and Life Skills. She has made it to solving trigonometric equations and has also read a portion of "Antigone" by Sophocles. On a lighter note, she cut up a chicken for the first time this week. It was quite the experience, but she did a good job and it came out very well. She is still reading voraciously. Her current novel is one by Stephen Lawhead called The Iron Lance. She also finished part of her Apologetics course using the book The Case for Christ.
Well, time to get started.... Have a good week!
~Liana
No comments:
Post a Comment