"I sing the goodness of the Lord, that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where e're I turn my eye;
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky."

Friday, June 10, 2011

Redecorating for the Pre-Teen

I finally finished redecorating in Savannah's room.

My hands are still numb from painting two bedrooms this week.

Savannah has been wanting to update her room a little so it looked more like a "teen" room, so we decided that the week she went to camp would be a good time to work on it.  She picked out the wall color, but the rest of the room was all designed by Juliana and me.

We blindfolded her and gave Juliana the honor of escorting her into the room.  As you can see, she loved the new look!
Savannah's reaction

We found a comforter at Walmart that had just the right colors.

We painted the message board to match the dots and moved her desk.

Of course we had to put the "twirly, whirly dress" picture in a special place.

She wanted a lava lamp so we compromised by getting a small nightlight version.  You can't tell, but it has glitter all in it!

We repainted the cubby and hung up the dolphin puzzle.

Her initials in a very girly font.

Even cleaned the closet!

We moved the shadow boxes from Juliana's room (since she is redecorating as well).

I free-handed all the circles.

We still have to refinish the chest, but we did add the silver brush set and a crochet doily.


Hopefully, I won't have to redo any more rooms any time soon. Have a great weekend!

~ Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment