We finally finished our "scheduled" school for this year! Needless to say, I am glad to have a little time off! So what do I do? Send Savannah off to camp (for the first time and no I did NOT get weepy over this) and start on a project. Go figure...
So Savannah has been asking ever since we moved in for us to paint her room and finish her loft bed. I am not sure what is going to happen with the loft bed, but the painting I can handle. I taped everything off last night and got started priming and painting this morning. It is a good thing I don't paint for a living. I tend to wear as much paint as I put on the wall! I still need to put on a second coat of paint but I think it is coming along...
Here is what Savannah's room looked like soon after we moved in...
Obviously someone other than Savannah cleaned it up...
I will make sure to post pics of the room when it is completed.
As long as I don't have to post pics of me after painting...
Of course I can't just choose one project to work on, so as soon as I finish painting Savannah's room, I'll be painting Juliana's room. She wants to lose the blue theme in her room and go with a black, white and red theme. I told her there was no way we were painting her walls black, white or red, so she decided on a light yellow for the walls with black and red accents. She's working on painting a huge flower on 4 canvases to use as art over her bed. It looks really cool...very reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe's style of painting. I'll try to post pictures as soon as she finishes.
There are a few more projects on my plate for the summer (like sewing up some of the fabric stash, getting the shelves up in the living room and organizing the office area) but maybe I'll still find time to finish reading a few favorite books as well as delve into some new ones. I have started reading Les Miserables. I read it twice in high school (not as an assigned book), but every time I have tried to read it since then, I have not managed to make it much past the introduction of Jean val Jean. Maybe I will have more success this time.
Until next time...
~ Liana
No comments:
Post a Comment