Then we actually got here and had to move in to our apartment with it snowing. Then I had to walk the dogs in the snow. This week it has gone to a whole new level...driving in the snow. Now driving in the snow wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However... ice is a whole different story! I had said that if it started snowing, or there was any possibility of snow or ice, my dear husband would have the wonderful privilege of driving our college student to class as we didn't think she was ready to try driving in those situations yet.
Needless to say, this week I have had to play chauffeur for our student. Why you may ask? Because dear husband is out west in Colorado in 50 degree temps no less!!! In his defense, he is out there for work and would not have minded having the cold weather. However, that has left me the enviable task of driving in these conditions. I would have much rather stayed at home with a cup of Chai and a good book while sitting by the fire. The weather man said that tonight it was supposed to be 4 degrees. BRRRR! I have no standard by which to compare 4 degrees. All I know is that it is very, very, VERY COLD!!! The poor heater is going into shock and I am liable to pass out when I see the electric bill this month. I don't think it has cut off at all tonight and it is still only 65 in the house!
Anyway, that being said, you will understand a little more why I am missing dear husband this week. One more reason would be that our 20th wedding anniversary is on Wednesday of this week and he won't be back in town until Thursday. I am still thankful for a loving, Christian husband who takes care of me and our children in the best way he knows how. I know that there have been many bumps in the road, but we have worked through them and tried to learn from our mistakes. We have learned that neither of us is mind readers and if we want or need something, or are angry about something, we have to talk about it. We have learned to try to see the other person's point of view. But mostly, we have learned that if we are going to continue growing in our marriage, we have to grow in our faith in Christ and He will guide us in the path we need to take.
I found a piece of wall art for my mother at Hobby Lobby that has the first line of a favorite song of hers. I have a feeling it will become more significant for us as well..
Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love
~ Liana
No comments:
Post a Comment