This year is going to be different. I have now decided that if it is important for my children to carry through with their tasks and be accountable for completion of whatever the task or assignment is, it is equally important for me to be accountable for my tasks and time as well. So... I sat down and tried to decide what was important for me to accomplish this year.
- Grow spiritually. I know that I am saved, so this has more to do with becoming spiritually mature. How am I going to accomplish this? By spending more time in the Word and more time on my knees.
- Live a healthy life. I generally make most of our meals from scratch with very few prepackaged items; however, portion control and exercise have been sadly lacking from our lifestyle. My goal is not to just "lose weight", but become more aware of what I am putting in my body and how it affects my whole health.
- Be intentional with spending time with my children and husband. I find that even though I am at home with my children every day, I rarely spend one on one time with them or specifically plan to do something special with them. I need to work on this before they are all out of the nest. I also need to do the same with my husband. So often we get tied up doing all of the "normal" duties when he gets home that we don't spend time talking and learning about each other. I hope to rectify that this year.
- Learn a new skill. I have planned for several years to make a quilt. I have yet to start it. I also wanted to learn how to do embroidery and tatting (if you don't know what tatting is just click here). The problem is that I never make time to learn the proper techniques! And as we have all heard before, if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right!
One final thought... as part of the growing spiritually part of my resolutions, I am going to be studying the words of some of our hymns. There is a multitude of wonderful theology in the old hymns and the girls and I have always enjoyed singing them. So I am going to try to end posts with a verse, phrase, etc. from one of these hymns. Maybe then we will go about with a song on our lips of praise to the One who made us. Enjoy!
Beautiful Savior! Lord of the nations!
Son of God and Son of man!
Glory and honor, Praise, adoration,
Now and forevermore be Thine!
Fairest Lord Jesus by Anonymous
~ Liana
Love it . . .design and thoughts!
ReplyDelete