"I sing the goodness of the Lord, that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where e're I turn my eye;
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What was I thinking????

Things have been a little crazy around here lately causing me to fall behind on updating the blog as I should.  To quickly catch you up...
  • Juliana has completed her first "J-Term" class and received an "A"! She also made the Dean's List for the College of Health and Human Services for the first semester!
  • Georgia is still trying her best to not complete writing projects...but is reading as voraciously as always.
  • Savannah is, well...., still being Savannah.  We have some good days and some bad days.
  • We have had a LOT of SNOW!!! (Pictures following)
  • Juliana says she is completely tired of snow because WKU practically never cancels classes due to bad weather.  Georgia and Savannah just wish they got snow days!
  • Georgia and Savannah will be participating in a play (of sorts) at the Public Theater of Kentucky in March.  They are excited and I am hoping that Savannah will pick up some good experience since she says she wants to do more performing in general.
Whew!  That was quite a run down.  Now on to our latest news... we have a new dog.  Her name is Lexi and she is a border collie.  She only weighs about 30 lbs (much smaller than Dove and Hershey) and is black and white.  She is so sweet, but Dove still sees her as a threat so I have had to spend quite a bit of time making Dove behave.  She is learning the fence well, but we haven't let her out on her own yet.  I know what you are thinking... If we already had 2 dogs, why on earth would we get a third?  Well, to make a long story short, a friend of ours adopted her from the pound but his wife ended up being allergic to her.  He didn't want to have to take her back to the pound so we agreed to give her a new home.  I'm hoping that Dove and Lexi will be getting along much better by the end of the week.  She has already stolen the girls hearts and I would hate it if she couldn't stay because of Dove.

So without further ado...some pictures of the snow fight and Lexi.

 Dove and Georgia
 Attack of the snow loving dog!

 Savannah enters the fray...
 Preparing for battle
 The blur

 Can you see how hard it is coming down?
 Georgia on the offensive...

 GOTCHA!  
(Can you tell it was really snowing????)
 Our newest member of the family...
 Lexi!
Dove had scared her in this picture.  She is so docile and she scares very easily...
especially if it's Dove doing the scaring...

I'm not sure how Craig is going to handle this.  He already had 3 girls, 1 wife and 2 female dogs.  Now he has 1 more female added to his life!

So that's the latest in the continuing saga of the family Pace.  Their mission to seek out new life forms, to boldly go where no one has gone before... oh wait, that's Star Trek isn't it?  See...my mind is starting to go already...  Hopefully Lexi will enjoy her new home  and I will boldly go where I have never gone before...owning 3 dogs at one time...

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Liana

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the dogs...I have been down the road of 3....may you last longer than we did :) We had an escape artist, a romeo, and a fat momma that never went anywhere. After SEVERAL visits from local law enforcement officials returning our renegades...we started narrowing down! May your dogs stay put as well as your sanity! ....I DO LOVE the Snow! Your girls seem to be enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete