I love snow...as long as I don't have to drive in it. As you may have guessed, it has been snowing again today. At first it was only small, icy flakes. Sometime around 2 PM it changed over to lovely, fluffy flakes that drifted lazily down, covering everything with its whiteness. The snow makes even the dead, frozen, slushy ground look pristine again.
Until the dogs came out...
They have rolled in the snow, run around in the snow, fought over toys in the snow. You name it, they have done it. They somehow managed to find a white ball in the snow! They are currently chasing each other and all the birds they can find.
Then I look at my neighbor's yard, and all of a sudden, I am jealous. Unlike my dog trodden yard, theirs looks like a winter wonderland, completely devoid of any sullying marks. But it's ok. The dogs are enjoying themselves and I get the joy of laughing at all of their shenanigans.
When we moved to Kentucky last year, I worried about Dove and Hershey getting used to the cold. I should have known that Dove would do just fine. You have to slow down to get cold and as you all know, she never slows down! Hershey, on the other hand, just hangs out in the garage under the heat lamp. Since Hershey only comes out for emergencies, it has really been a blessing for Dove to have Lexi to play with.
Even though the dogs have been going wild in the snow, it has been rather peaceful inside the house. Savannah finished her school work before lunch (A Miracle!) and has even done some reading on her own...without being asked to! Georgia is hanging out reading in her room, and I am waiting on Craig and Juliana to get home.
Something about snow makes me want to just read and relax. Maybe when the rest of the family gets home we can have a family game night since church was canceled for tonight. I would kind of like to play a game of Dutch Blitz. Perhaps I can convince someone to play Trivial Pursuit with me! I doubt it, but it is worth a try...
It is still snowing... It has been snowing for over 6 hours and I for one am glad of the snow.
Have a safe and blessed night!
~Liana

A lovely story! I have a pot of chili on the stove, had to resort to putting on a pair of Keith's hunting, wool socks, but they are so warm! And I also have been enjoying a wonderful book that I finished today. I think you would really like it. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Vonkamp. So beautiful and I took on the dare of writing in a journal 1000 gifts, blessings, unwrapped gifts from God. It took her a year and a half. I'm on #87 and loving the journey of finding all my gifts:) Lovely neighbors are a gift. I hope I get to see mine some time before we all change :)
ReplyDelete