"I sing the goodness of the Lord, that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where e're I turn my eye;
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky."

Monday, February 21, 2011

Updates on the Quest

As I spent some time this morning redesigning the blog (again!) I thought it might be time for an update on my resolutions.  I have been able to keep up with the daily Bible reading by using a site called www.youversion.com and I occasionally read about a hymn from the book Then Sings My Soul by Robert J. Morgan.  It has truly blessed me to spend this time alone with God each day and I have already found so many verses that really seem to speak to the situations of each day.  I have found that the best time for me to read my Bible is in the morning before the kids wake up.


Typically I wake up around 5:30 and then fix Craig a protein shake for breakfast and get his plate for lunch.  Then I do my Bible reading.  After Devotion time, I either exercise using the Wii Fit Plus or I do the cardio workout DVD from The Biggest Loser.  Let me just tell you... it hasn't been easy to stick with the workouts every day.  The first day I did the cardio I thought I was going to pass out on the floor!  And the next morning I could hardly get out of bed!  But I stuck with it and now the girls are using it for PE as well.  It is definitely a whole body workout.  After that I shower, eat breakfast (or drink a shake) and we get started with our school day.

As for the spending time with kids and husband resolution, I think I am making progress.  Savannah and I have played several board/card games in the recent weeks and I have had some time to talk with just Georgia and Juliana.  I'm still working on time with the husband...maybe after this play is over I will have a little more time to myself as well.

My final resolution was to learn a new skill.  I still have not started my jean quilt, but I am working on sewing dresses for the girls for Brandon and LeEtte's wedding.  I am still in the process of making a mock up of the dress for the older two, but I have got to get going more quickly or they will not be finished in time.  I have not yet taken up my needle to try embroidery either, but I do have some flour sack towels on which I can practice.

So that's where I am concerning the resolutions. Not bad for someone who habitually fails with her follow through...right?

I hope to be able to post more often than once a week (especially since my last post was over 2 weeks ago!) and I'm thinking of having theme days.  Another blogger friend has been doing "Dreaming Thursdays" (you know who you are :) ) so I thought it might be something to throw in.  I'm also thinking of adding a page just for books I've read and maybe a short review.  I know that might be biting off a bit more than I could chew, but it would be nice to look back and see what I read in the past year.  And it would be easier to store than a list... which I would probably lose anyway... 

I'll close with a verse that really spoke to me last week.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.   Romans 15:13 (ESV)
 My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
"The Solid Rock" by Edward Mote

Have a blessed day!
~ Liana

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm a new follower, and I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this post and getting to know you a little! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thanks for your sweet comment. Glad to have you following!

    ReplyDelete