I have gone ahead with updating the blog to include a few new pages. I will try to update the books page as I finish books. I'm still trying to tweak a few things with the design of the blog so it is more appealing.
Can you tell I am ready for spring?
When I was trying to decide on a new background for the blog (because the old one looked too much like snow...lol!), I purposefully chose one that looked like spring to me. As much as I love snow, I am ready for some warm weather and blooms starting to open. One of the few things I will miss about SC weather is that by now it is usually starting to get a little warmer. Daffodils are getting ready to bloom and the trees are putting out a few green shoots.
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. The colors and smells associated with it. The flowers and birds. Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed seeing the woodpeckers, towhees, juncos, titmice, nuthatches, cardinals and sparrows over the winter. But now I am ready to see blue birds, robins, and other song birds.
I would love to put 100 daffodil bulbs in the ring around the big tree in the back yard. I'm sure they would make a wonderful display... if my dogs left them alone. For some reason they think that area around the tree is a prime digging spot. I'm not even sure if the ivy has survived their rampages. I would also love to have some snowflakes...the flower, not the precipitation... I have always loved these and they are one of the first bloomers of the season. Aren't they beautiful?
Well, it's time to get started with school for the day.
Have a great day!
~ Liana

Your site and new pages look good! Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors too! Have you read her Mark of the Lion series?
ReplyDeleteI love it! You need to teach me how to put the buttons at top. Enjoyed our visit today. And I'm right there with you, wanting spring, wanting flowers. That is why there was the purchase of the pretty roses inside the house:)
ReplyDeleteHappy gardening!
Lisa, I have read the Mark of the Lion series and loved it as well, but my all time favorite book of hers is Redeeming Love!
ReplyDeleteKris, I enjoyed the visit as well and I'm hoping it won't be too long before the flowers come... Maybe I'll get a chance today (when it warms up a little!) to get to the garden spot.